Rules - for parents and athelets
- Parents, bring your child on time or few minutes early.
- Kids, please wait in the cubby-room for your coach to come and get you for the class!
- Parents, please pick-up your kid on time after the class. If you will be late, please let us know! Also, please instruct your child not to leave the gym if you are not present! The child can wait for you inside; we are trying to make sure that every child is picked-up by parents and not to let them wonder in the street.
- Parents, when using the bathroom, tell your child not to throw paper towel in the toilet! Kids, please be prepared for class-hands clean, face clean and been to bathroom!
- Female gymnasts are required to wear a bodysuit or an athletic one-piece bathing suit. We offer gym bodysuits at a great price from $17 to $35(tax included).Please CLICK HERE to see some of gym bodysuits. They can also wear stretchy shorts if they like. Male gymnasts are required to wear shorts. Cotton blends are excellent choices.
- Long hair must be tied in a ponytail or braid. No jewelry, watches, belts or gum, Please!
- Please do not bring any valuable things (like cell-phones, iPod, MP3 Players, wallets) with you and leave them in the cubby-room! The club is not responsible for any lost or stolen items on the premises!
- Bare feet please! Unless you have Plantar Warts or Athlete's foot - in that case, you must put a band-aid and wrap sports-tape or white hockey tape to keep it on.
- No playing on the equipment outside the class time! Also, please make sure that children, who are not in the class, are not allowed to play on the gym floor or equipment!
- Please encourage your child to talk about their gymnastics experience; keep in mind how they started and how much they accomplished, so that we know we are doing a good job! We appreciate feed-back!
- Parent&Tot: Parents: Stay with your child at all times; Listen to and cooperate with your child's coach; Encourage your child to take turns and wait in line; Look to the instructor for help with spotting techniques and skill progression: Please do not talk on the cell phones during class; no food or beverages are permitted in gym
- If you have any questions of concerned about your child progress, your child instructor can show you what they have been learning.
- At the time of registration, please let us know about any minor disability your child has (hearing loss, poor eye sight, etc) or allergies. If there are major disabilities, the parent/caregiver has to be present and participate in the class; in this case, we will offer the possibility to try one class (and pay only for that class) and at the end of class the instructor will evaluate the performance and will recommend or not registration for class. Please be advised that we don't have coaches certified to work with disabled persons!
- Competitive, Interclub and Pre-Competitive will have a snack break (10-15 min). Please send with them healthy snack (no chips, candy or pop) and because some kids have serious allergies, no nuts/peanuts, please!
- All gymnasts are required to bring a water bottle with them. We don't have a water fountain. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Please DON'T wear your shoes, have food or drinks in the gym or waiting room! No pets are allowed! We are trying to keep the gym as clean as possible for your kids and also some children have serious allergies! Also, make sure you give us complete, accurate and readable (clear) info on the Athlete's Registration Form (no nick-names or wrong spelling); any missing or wrong info will affect your insurance with Gymnastics BC!
Some parking spots are available on the back of the building.
-The price is calculated per semester and will be pro-rated only for the members that register after the semester starts!
We don't offer a make-up class.
For refunds, please write your request and give it to the Program Director, Celestina Popa-Toma. Our refund policy is:
1. NO REFUNDS after the second class. $50/child is retained for refunds before the start of semester and before the 2nd class.
2. Refunds during semester will be given to kids with serious injuries (eg. fractures) and serious illnesses with a doctor's note! In this case, we will keep the fee membership and insurance GBC plus $Amount/class * number of classes (all fees are subject to HST).
3. Each case is different, the circumstances can differ for each family, we will try to accommodate and see how we can help.
4. No discount is given when the second child is redrawn, no credit will be carried from one child to another or to the next semester.
The club accepts payments from any organization that sponsors low income families( JumpStart, KidSport, etc.). If you applied for support and payment is not
received until the beginning of semester, the club asks you(the parents) to make the payment and when the cheques arrives from your sponsors we will refund the amount you paid.
If the amount given by sponsors is bigger then the cost/semester, the remainder can be used for the next semester only or if not used, the amount is refunded to the organization,
NO REFUND is given to the parents as the payment is for SPORTS ONLY. If the amount given by organization is less then the cost/semester, the parents must pay the difference.
The club must take this measures due to some incidents/misunderstandings with parents/organizations.
Please ensure that all clothing or shoes have the name on them, many children have identical stuff. Lost & found items are kept in the basket (located at entrance of the gym) for 2 weeks, after that time they are donated to charity. For a limited time, we will offer gym bodysuits from $17 to $35(tax included).
STARTING 2013, WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE VIEWING WEEK, DUE TO STRICT FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS REGARDING THE OCCUPANCY IN THE GYM AND INCIDENTS WITH OVERCROWDING (PREVIOUSLY WE ASKED TO COME ONLY ONE PERSON AND NO SIBLINGS FOR VIEWING AND OUR REQUEST WAS COMPLETELY DISREGARDED BY SOME OF OUR MEMBERS). THE SAFETY OF OUR ATHLETES IS OUR MAIN PRIORITY, BY HAVING TOO MANY PARENTS IN THE GYM AND SIBLINGS ON THE EQUIPMENT WITHOUT SUPERVISION WE FEEL THAT SAFETY IS NO LONGER ACHIVED. OUR RULES ARE IN PLACE FOR A GOOD REASON AND IF THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWED WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE APPROPRIATE MEASURES!
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and your family but the safety of the children and staff attending need to be considered!
If you have any questions/concerns about your child's progress, please discuss first with their coach; if you are still un-satisfied with the result, address your concern to the Program Director, Celestina Popa-Toma. About serious offences, please talk directly with Celestina and/or our harassment officer, Andreea Szilaghi. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please let us know! The club will not tolerate/accept any abusive/offensive behavior and/or language to/from our coaches or to/from our little athletes!
The gym and the office are CLOSED on statutory holidays, for a complete list of holidays please visit this page
For Birthday Parties:
In the gym(1 hour) - will start with fun games, warm-up and stretching, then we are exploring the equipment with some basic gymnastics skills; structured, organised and supervised by our coaches!
In the party room(1 hour) - we provide 2 cheese pizzas, water, plates and forks.
We accept only CASH for Birthday Parties (for deposit and rest of payment) due to some bounced-back cheques.
No substitutions and no extra orders for the party.
We require a down payment of $50(as mentioned: cash only, please), non-refundable, at the time of booking and the rest at the time of the party. If you reserve a day/time over the phone, we will keep that reservation for 48 hours, after that, if the $50 are not paid, you lose the reservation.
Minimum charge is $150, even if there are less then 10 kids per party. All the kids participating in the gym at the birthday party will be included in the number of kids/party(meaning the birthday child, siblings and guests). If one of the guests is late, the cost/guest will not be prorated(meaning is still $15/child).
For kids under 4 years old we ask for parents' participation and also for kids with disabilities.
NOTE: The birthday parties are for kids, not adults! Adults are required to participate only for kids under 4 years old but they are not included for food (pizza), in this case only, you can bring extra food for parents! If you wish, bring extra food for kids, especially if you know some of them have food allergies or are on special diet, but please limit the food for kids only! We understand that the other parents want to contribute/participate to the party, but our space is limited!
For Parents of Competitive, Pre-Competitive, Interclub Athletes:
In order to secure your child's placement in the Competitive, Pre-Competitive, Interclub program, payment is required at the time of registration. Please provide post-dated cheques for the 1st of the month with specified amounts. No exception!
Withdrawing from the program must be received in writing, one month notice is required.
Unfortunately, telephone cancellations will not be considered valid. Students withdrawing permanently from program will have cheques returned, with the exception of the month in progress.
We belive that every child is special, we value each individuals needs, aspirations and abilities.